Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Paraguay, China, Belize and Kenya (what I did on my summer vacation?)

So this blogging thing is something you have to keep up on or it becomes somewhat a daunting task to update - especially after the past three months, they were somewhat full.

As I look back at the posts that I have already published and then contemplate all that has happened since it seems like forever since that first post at the beginning of summer, the one where I said I would post as things occurred, well best laid plans and all that...

This summer of travel started with the Paraguay medical mission trip which was great, I really do mean great, and at the time it seemed that it could not be topped. I now look at it this way, its not that it was topped, but it was certainly the beginning of a great sequence of unique trips and events.

Each trip - Paraguay, China, Belize (anniversary vacation) and Kenya were amazing. Each uniquely different, each an eye opener in its own way.

I was able to travel to four very unique and distinct parts of the world over a three month period, how cool is that? I got to not only travel there but to spend some time with the people of those countries, getting to know just a little bit about them, getting to learn just a little bit more about their culture and their lives. There were unique circumstances in each country that taught me a different lesson about their lives, their cultures and the way that we fit into the greater scheme of life. I learned a little more about who I am and more importantly about who God is. I'm going to do a different blog for each country. They are going to be long (sorry its my blog and I'll do it my way) but there is so much to say about each one. Thanks for indulging me....

Paraguay is already "on the books (on the blog?)" but I wanted to update that just a bit, not delete the one that's there but give it a new spin with a new perspective based on the rest of the summer events and then move through the rest of the trips. THANKS to TIFF
Let me say a couple of things about my wife, the fabulous Tiffany. I could not have done these trips without her support and sacrifice. I know people say things like that all the time when looking back and reminiscing however it is so true in this case. It is because of Her hard work that I was able to travel to all these places and experience so many things. She stayed behind and dog sat, house-sat, worried and worked hard. I could not have had the summer of experiences I did without her full support. Simply put It Could Not Have Happened, I owe her so much and there is no way I can thank her enough. Knowing she was praying for me and knowing she supported my decision to go allowed me to do the things I felt I had to do (period).
Thanks Tiff
There were many others out there that were praying for me while I was traveling and I want each of you to know that I truly appreciate your prayers and thoughts, knowing that each of you were there made all the difference in the world. Thanks

Well, check in later for the updates on each trip, if not have a happy life and all that and if ya didn't know it already..........

It is what It is

No comments: